Oh.
Was that ugly?
oops.
:)
First of all, my husband really is amazing. If it weren't for him this house wouldn't run at all. He does the dishes, takes care of the pool and pays all the bills. He does the laundry and folds it. He's a wonderful father. He makes sure we have everything we could ever need or want. He is our rock.
We're approaching an anniversary of sorts. 10 years ago on the 15th of February, I said yes. (and yes, it was the 15th, not the 14th, because you know, the 14th is so... predictable!!)
There are moments when I turn around and think that time has hardly passed. It can't have been that long, can it?
And then... well. Eternity doesn't quite explain the length of time he's been around.
Is that bad?
We met 14 years ago through a mutual friend. I had just sworn off men cause I was a wreck and my personal life was spinning wildly in circles. And then here he came and changed all that.
So, here we are, 14 years later, about to hit our 10th anniversary of our engagement on the 15th of February.
Here are some favorite pictures of us from that past few years.
We used to be lake rats. We had a pontoon boat that we lovingly called "The Party Barge." We logged many hours with 20 people on the boat, drinking cold beverages out of a big silver barrel while standing on our heads. Needless to say, those days are long gone. *note, hubby does not really have a tattoo on his arm. I blame the box behind him for the things that happen with sharpie marker on boat days.
This is our WHOLE family. My two sweet step-kids at the high school boy's graduation. I LOVE times with all six of us.
He's never been short in the humor department. This is my belly with Boy 1 in 2005.
This is my preggo belly with Boy 2 in 2008. Ironically, his belly didn't go away when I had the baby!
He just can't help but photo bomb any picture in which he's not the subject.
He loves his boys so much! We are never short on laughter here :)
This is what happens when we try to take a family picture.
I think he missed his calling as a rock star. He can perform Ice, Ice, Baby better than Vanilla Ice himself. He also sings to me. Now what he actually sings to me... well, that's another day. ;)
And, he's blessed me with these two valentines too.
Hope you guys have a great week :)









Oh, wow. You have such a fab looking family.
ReplyDeleteAnd ya'll are definitely a couple of hotties! That pic of you two together?? Wow. I love that.
Congrats on all the fun years together...and from the sound of all the love you show with each posting, you've got tons more years of fun and love ahead of you!
Thanks dear ;) We've had lots of great times the last decade. Hoping for many many more!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this! What a wonderful story.
ReplyDeleteI love you guys!! I'll never forget the time he donned his wife beater tank top and tool belt and strutted around while we were trying to have girl's night at your house! He's a stinker and keeper! :)
ReplyDelete