When we got there, all three boys were pumped!
So we start waiting right when we go there. My usual post is to hold our place in line while Biggest Boy gets the snacks. Today, Boy 1 wanted a cookie and Boy 2 wanted popcorn.
I'm with Boy 2 on this one, popcorn from the big popper is the BEST!
We finally get close enough so that Boy 1 could write down what he wanted. Still in kinder, he chose to draw what he wanted.
He's drawing a Bumblebee Transformer. We only speak of Transformers in our house these days. And let me just add that I'm OVER THE MOON that they have created yet ANOTHER transformer show. not.
As we get closer, I'm coaching Boy 2 that he'll need to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what he wants and he assures me he knows what to do. All the while eating his popcorn. crunch crunch.
We get to the main man in the suit. Boy 2 WON'T go. Here is where my over the top need for Christmas memories usurps my common sense about talking to strange men. Boy 1 trots right up, Boy 2 is frozen stiff. I'm the photographer so Biggest Boy is in charge of herding the children, but he wont hand over screaming Boy 2 to Santa, like we've done the last two years. See below.
Not bad right? But no, Biggest Boy refused and only let Boy 1 do his thing. I'm devestated. I personally think that this is a right of passage and damnit, I needed a Christmas card picture!!!!!
I'm trying not to throw a fit myself while Boy 1 is having a lovely conversation with Santa and I didn't want to miss it. It looked like this.
See how lovely these are??? And now no memory of Boy 2 throwing a fit, I mean that what's it's about right? Scare your child to death and put him on a scary man's lap so Mom can take a picture. That's the spirit of Christmas I tell you. I need my picture!!!
...
Ok, after consideration, I realize that it's not that big a deal. I'll get over it, and Boy 2 will be unharmed and not have to sit on a stranger's lap like we tell him not to. So, when we got home I took a few quick ones for the Christmas card. Here's what I got.
So, hope you enjoy :)














OH MY GOD! HOW CUTE ARE THEY?!?
ReplyDeleteThough I must say...I could look at pics of kids screaming on Santa's lap FOR DAYS.
(I don't have kids, so it makes me all giggly.)
And my friend, Boy 2 up there with that sweet screaming face is total preciousness.
You got some cuties...=)
Thank you! they are pretty cute... in pictures. Hubby doesn't think those pictures are cute. What is WRONG with him????
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading :)