Ok, well, implying that I have ANY beauty secrets would be a farce. Let's just say I have a couple of secrets that I could share with others. I tend to be a no frills kind of girl, but I do appreciate my nails and toes being done.
But, I'm the mom of two young boys.
Yeah right.
First, cost. I have definitely had times where they just don't fit in the budget, but I do whatever possible to keep them in, as with my toes. I don't wear lots of make up, my hair is average and I love my clothes from Target. So, I will splurge on nails and toes when I can.
Second, time. Reminder, I'm the mom of two boys. And the Biggest boy travels quite a bit, so I'm pretty limited on going by myself without adding the additional cost of a sitter. I have given up Sunday afternoon naps so I can go be alone for a bit and get my nails done.
Enough with the jabber, on to the secret. In an effort to save time, and money, I ask my stylist to do one thing.
Make the white of the pink and white fill extra thick. By thick I mean basically to the midpoint of my nail. I know you're thinking it looks crazy, but it doesn't. See?
In fact, it gives this illusion that they are pretty long, right? Even my nail tech today commented on how long they look. And who doesn't want long nails? and who can have long nails with two young boys and all those crazy things you have to do like car seats????
Here they are up close...
I added come bling today, a little bit of silver glitter for the holidays. :)
But, here they are on the other side. See? They really are short!
This little trick costs me no more than a regular fill, but I don't have to come as often because I can let them grow a LOT longer between fills (closer to 4 weeks then two) because the white never shows my nails underneath. And, they're so short, they don't get in the way. It's almost a two-for!!
Hope you enjoy!!



I don't even have kids and will take any secret I can get.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm loving the silver bling!
You are totally rocking that!!