I am proud to say that NOTHING is dead... yet. :)
I have discovered the little dog roaming around the bed however and trampling my lettuce. So, yesterday we bought some bird netting to keep out all little creatures that don't belong!
Here's the netting. We put 6 cup hooks facing down around the bottom of the perimeter to make for somewhat easy entry for us when we need to. I don't know if this will really work, but it's worth a shot.
Here's the update on the plants!
Peppers: Look beautiful! They have by far been the sturdiest of what we planted. We have both red and green peppers growing.
Our lettuce is a little weak, thanks to the rat dog. I think with the addition of the net, that they will look better soon.
New plants:
Strawberries! I had bought the plants with everything else but couldn't decide where to put them. I figured with the netting they would now be safe in my garden. Our first one is ready to pick, I can't wait to taste it!
I had also started green beans indoors since I couldn't find any plants. I was really nervous about this, but they are now in the ground and doing awesome too.
I have no idea how much longer we have until we can eat something, the end of May is my best guess. I think it will be awesome for the boys, and for me :)
What's growing in your garden?







Girlfriend...you got it going on!! That looks great!
ReplyDeleteAnd no offense, but I'd trample over everything to get to those strawberries.
LOVE fresh strawberries!!
I love this!
Thanks!! We are quite pleased and proud of ourselves. Wish I could share the strawberries with you :)
Delete